We have an extensive programme of careers education, information advice and guidance (CEIAG) designed to prepare you for your next steps after sixth form. Our work experience, academic support and enrichment programmes offer students opportunities to widen their knowledge of the world of work and higher education.
Post-18 Support/Careers Information, Advice and Guidance
If you wish to apply for university you will be supported throughout the UCAS application process. If you do not wish to pursue a university route, support is given to ensure you are aware of alternative routes to your chosen destination, for example apprenticeships or employment. Each student will be assigned a personal career mentor who will help you with your personal statement, UCAS, employment or apprenticeship application form. All applications are checked thoroughly by the Director of Post-16 Studies and Headteacher before they are sent off to ensure that they are of the highest possible standard and reflect your abilities and potential.
- Unifrog: All Lordswood Sixth Form students have access to Unifrog. Unifrog is an online destinations platform where students can compare every university course, apprenticeship and FE course in the UK. They can also use Unifrog to prepare their personal statement or CV.
- Visit to the UCAS convention and university open days.
- Visit to The Skills Show at the NEC.
- Visit to the National Apprenticeships Show at the ICC.
- Personal statement and career pathway advice from our partner university representatives.
Careers, Information, Advice and Guidance
A focused CEIAG programme is put together to support you with your post-18 aspirations. Our dedicated careers adviser, Anna Perry is available every Thursday to give you one-to-one advice.
Subject departments also organise enrichment activities throughout the year.