The post 16 tuition fund is designed to support disadvantaged learners who have been impacted by the pandemic. It is ring-fenced funding for schools, colleges and all other 16 to 19 institutions who receive annual funding allocations from ESFA for the provision of 16 to 19 education, to mitigate the disruption to learning arising from coronavirus (COVID-19).
The funding is designed for learners who:
- have not achieved a grade 4 or 5 in English and/or maths
- have a grade 4 or above in English and/or maths, are from an economically disadvantaged background and would need catch-up support
The need for support will be agreed between eligible learners and staff.
Our plan for use of the funding involves:
- Staff and resources for small groups (up to 5 students) and 1-1 tuition in maths and English
- Staff and resources for small groups (up to 5 students) and 1-1 tuition for eligible learners whose learning in other subjects has been disrupted.
- Subscriptions to online tuition platforms
- The purchase of additional resources to support students’ independent learning