LSFC Dress Code
- Must be worn at all times with the photo visible
- Replacement badges cost £4.00
- Temporary badges require a £2 fee per day of which £1 is returned when the badge is returned Badges
- Sharing your ID badge with any other person
- Smart shirt or smart polo shirt (with a small/discreet logo)
- Ties are optional
- Fitted plain t-shirt
- Football shirts
- Crop tops
- Oversized/baggy t-shirts
- Tops with large logos/slogans/inappropriate language
- Strappy or low cut vests
- Bardot style tops
- Tops made of see-through materials
- Trousers should be smart/tailored
- Chino style trousers
- Tailored knee length shorts
- Military/ Combat style trousers
- Basketball shorts
Skirts and Dresses
- Skirts/dresses should be of an appropriate length (knee length)
- Dark tights/leggings need to be worn with dresses/skirts which are mid-thigh length
- Denim skirts/dresses
- (Short)Mini skirts/dresses
- Low cut/bardot style
- Smart shoes
- Low heel
- Shoes should be smart and appropriate for business wear
- Flip-flops/backless shoe
- Any footwear which might be considered a health and safety risk
Hoodies, denim/leather jackets, hats and caps, coats and jackets should not be worn in lessons, assemblies, review meetings and in the school building. A blazer/cardigan are the only items permitted in lessons.
- Skull caps
- Religious accessories/jewellery should be discreet
Please discuss religious attire with the Sixth Form Team if you have any concerns.
- Tattoos should be covered
- Nose studs are the only permitted facial piercing
- Jewellery which presents to be a health and safety risk will be asked to be removed
- Extreme hair colourings are not considered appropriate
LSFC Mobile Device Code
We understand that mobile devices are a useful learning and communication tool for sixth form students. You are therefore allowed to use your mobile devices providing you adhere to the following guidelines.
UNLESS APPROVED BY THE TEACHER:
Mobile phones / devices / headphones should NOT be used
Mobile phones / devices should be turned OFF
Mobile phones / devices / headphones should not be on display
Around the Main School Building
Mobile phones / devices / headphones must not be used or on display in the following areas:
- Canteen, conservatory or ante-hall during whole school break and lunchtimes
- Any area where they are visible to students in lower year
New Sixth Form Block
Mobile devices are permitted in the Sixth Form Block but should not disrupt other students or lessons.
Attendance & Punctuality Code
Lordswood Sixth Form Centre expects a minimum attendance of 95% from all students. Students are required to attend the Sixth Form Centre every day they have a timetabled lesson.
All year 12 students will be expected to register with their review tutor unless they are on work placement.
LSFC does not authorise holidays in term time. In exceptional circumstances, the Headteacher may authorise leave. An application form and guidance should be requested at least 2 weeks before the planned absence.
Absence Due to Illness
Notify the school by 8.30am on the day of absence. Students must bring a letter from home to explain all absences due to illness on their first day back in school. Any long-term medical condition which is having an impact on attendance and/or punctuality must be discussed with a member of the sixth form team.
Authorised Occasional Absence Requests
The followed absences will be authorised:
- Hospital, orthodontist appointments
- University interviews and open days
- Driving tests and theory tests
- Certain religious holidays
Absences should be requested at least 24 hours by completing the form available from the sixth form office. Proof of the appointment must be provided at the time of the request.
Unauthorised Occasional Absence Requests
The following absences will NOT be authorised:
- Standard Doctor/Dentist
- Driving lessons
- Any appointments that can be made out of lesson time
Students are expected to arrive on time for registration and all timetabled sessions. Registers are taken in all sessions. Students will be subject to the LSFC disciplinary code if they are late or absent without permission.